I don’t know when it will appear in the preware feed. If you want to test it, here is the ipk:
de.metaviewsoft.offlinebrowser_1.0.3_all.ipk (567,6 KiB, 1.354 hits)
Please check Preware for the latest updates of OfflineBrowser.
As some of you might already read on Twitter, I wrote little Offline Browser app which tries to fix some annoyance with the original browser and the whole workflow during reading Twitter, Email or RSS feeds:
* new browser card pops up in the foreground
* sometimes you get a gray browser card with blinking icon
* sometimes you get an orphaned browser window which doesn’t go fullscreen anymore
* sometimes the browser forgets what he has and you have to reload
* some pages are very slow thanks to css/js/files which the browser needs to load before displaying
Offline Browser will try to help you to avoid these annoying things. By catching URLs, storing them in a database, downloading the html in the background and storing it in the database too, showing a preview without CSS and JS, but mostly working links.
Fixed for webOS 1.4.5